fbpx
November 16, 2021

Coffee or Tea? Drinking Both Tied to Lower Stroke, Dementia Risk Coffee or Tea? Drinking Both Tied to Lower Stroke, Dementia Risk

Drinking coffee or tea is associated with reduced risk for stroke and dementia, with the biggest benefit associated with consuming both beverages, new research suggests. Investigators […]
November 15, 2021

EMA Panel Backs Uplizna for Neuromyelitis Optica EMA Panel Backs Uplizna for Neuromyelitis Optica

The Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has recommended approval of the immunosuppressant inebilizumab (Uplizna, Viela Bio) for […]
November 11, 2021

CNS Autoimmunity After COVID in Teens? CNS Autoimmunity After COVID in Teens?

Recent research suggests that some pediatric patients who develop neuropsychiatric symptoms from COVID-19 may have intrathecal antineural SARS-CoV-2 autoantibodies, which may hint at central nervous system […]
November 9, 2021

Stroke Thrombectomy Alone Fails Noninferiority to Bridging tPA Stroke Thrombectomy Alone Fails Noninferiority to Bridging tPA

In large-vessel occlusion stroke, results of a randomized trial failed to show noninferiority of direct mechanical thrombectomy using the Solitaire device to the combination of intravenous […]
November 8, 2021

Specialty Pharmacists May Speed Time to MS Treatment Specialty Pharmacists May Speed Time to MS Treatment

ORLANDO, Florida ― Specialty pharmacists play a key and growing role in navigating the complexities of initiating disease-modifying therapies (DMTs) for multiple sclerosis (MS), resulting in […]
November 5, 2021

B-Cell Repletion Common With MS Drug, but No Symptom Worsening B-Cell Repletion Common With MS Drug, but No Symptom Worsening

ORLANDO, Florida — Up to one third of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) treated with the B-cell depleting monoclonal antibody ocrelizumab (Ocrevus) show some degree of […]
November 4, 2021

Brief, Automated Cognitive Test May Offer Key Advantages in MS Brief, Automated Cognitive Test May Offer Key Advantages in MS

The National Institutes of Health Toolbox Cognitive Battery (NIHTB-CB), a 30-minute, automated, iPad-based battery of psychological tests, offers some key advantages over gold standard cognitive assessments […]
November 4, 2021

Physical Activity Linked to Lower Mortality in Parkinson’s Physical Activity Linked to Lower Mortality in Parkinson’s

Physical activity in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD) is associated with increased longevity, new research suggests. In a new analysis, “physical activity and all-cause mortality had […]
November 3, 2021

The Genetic Junk That Makes Us Human The Genetic Junk That Makes Us Human

We are 98.8% similar to chimpanzees in our DNA, but we are still a different species. Within that remaining 1.2%, a key DNA sequence once thought […]
google.com, pub-5711488453051849, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0